Saturday, November 19, 2011

What is a test jig for the torsional stiffness of a chassis on a formula car?

I joined a SAE(society of automotive engineers) at my college and the freshman are to construct a test jig for the torsional stiffness of a chassis(it's a formula car by the way). So my question is what is a test jig for the torsional stiffness of the chassis. And i would appreciate to the max if you were to give me some sources like links, books, magazines. I need the general idea, some backing of a possible design, and a few designs for the test jig.|||Per my previous answer, there are a lot of good SAE papers on this. (see the link attached).





Penn State has several paper online (google (winston cup chassis testing)) and look at all the psu.edu posts.





I think this will give you most (if not all) of the data that you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment